Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Daily reading. True Greatness

Matthew 20:20-28
True Greatness


When I was in college there was one staff member who made a huge impact on the students. She lived her faith in front of everybody, and taught us from God's word. She would pray for us and hug us and let us watch hockey on her color TV. She was the cook.


She also cared for her elderly mother, and her husband who was in the final stages of Alzheimer's. Hers was not an easy life, but I think I learned more about life, love, and ministry from her than my classes.


So many of Christ's ideas are the opposite of human wisdom. Do you want to be great? Become a servant. Do you want to touch lives? You don't need a lengthy education to do it.


If you want to make an impact on the community around you, become it's servant. Act as Christ did. He, "Did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."


God, we receive this word this day. Help us to become truly great people. Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Randall - GREAT post. Thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had an interesting encounter last night.

    I was helping with my churches alpha last night and so was busy when it came to grabbing some food. So I went to the local KFC place and used a voucher (witout thinking) that I had been given that evening as i walked through the town. I had not realised this was for a double meal.

    One the way back to the church to pick up my stuff to go home, I was asked by a homless person, if I could help him wit some food as he was really very hungry, So I gave him the "Spare meal".

    talk about god providing for that guy.....



    god bless

    ReplyDelete



  3. :-)



    Cool.

    Thanks guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Man, do I ever need to hear this kind of stuff. Thanks, Randall.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.