Thursday, November 06, 2003

Day Four: Completed ...sigh

Well, we made it through the day, probably the toughest day yet.


After five hours sleep, I was wide at 7, getting Micah's lunch made. Apple juice, 1 cut up green apple, 1 jam sandwich, and 3 cookies. Done. Then I had to remind them what there was for breakfast. Cereal, porrige, bread, fruit, or reheated Chicken stirfry from last night. Hillary opted for the stirfry.


I got them out the door and finished my prepwork for the funeral. I got dressed and out the door, to the gas station where I refilled the right rear tire that now seems to have a slow leak, and needs to be filled every second day. I haven't had time to get it fixed yet, blah blah blah!!


The funeral went well, it was a celebration of her life lived, and God's loving us through her. The internment was c o l d ! ! The temperature was only -11C but the windchill nearly froze my ear off. I was worried for some of the ladies there with the short skirts and high heels and light jackets on. I tried to hurry it up so no one would freeze.


I got home a little after 5pm and Thomas the Cook was making supper, Mac and Cheese. Gotta love it. 15 minutes later Johanna had to be at her voice lesson, so off we went.


I got to my church Executive Board meeting early as I had to finish up some details on my proposal. It was a good meeting done around 10pm.


So now I'm dumping data into my Blog.


Micah's in bed, phone calls returned, I bought milk and bread, and she comes home tomorrow. All is well with the world.


I wonder if she would be interested in being pastor for a while? Let me be a stay at home dad.... hmmmm.


 


P.S. Thanks to those of you who cared for us this week. The ones who prayed, brought bread, watched Micah and on and on, thank you so much for your love and care. You guys are the greatest.

2 comments:

  1. Well done that man!



    Short skirts, high heels and light jackets in -11C! Good heavens, Canadian women are TOUGH! You'd be hard pressed to find Chris out dressed light that in +11C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't always have an opportunity or excuse to get so involved in a friends life. Most of the time we don't know. So Lauralea being away and you blogging gives us a perfect opportunity to help out where we can. And it is good to have our offers of help accepted too. Sometimes we are hesitant to offer help to people because we don't want to intrude. We're all so d--- independant- don't want to show any weakness. So thanks for being honest with us and letting us help where we can.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.