Sunday, November 02, 2003

Six hours and forty five minutes

That's how long she's been gone.

 

Six hours and forty five minutes.

 

And, it's not been so bad so far! We went to my folks after we dropped Lauralea at the Airport in Saskatoon and had a nice Faspa.

 

Then, we stayed for the first half of the wonderful diversion called the Western Semi-Final Football game between our Saskatchewan Roughriders and the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. We left for home at half time and drove in hushed silence, across the frozen prairies for 80 minutes, listening to the crackling AM radio station bringing the game to us in the van.

 

And I'm so glad to report that we really took it to Winnipeg!!!! 37-21!!  Now it's on to the Edmonton Eskimos, then it's clear sailing to the Grey Cup.  Can I hear a WOOO HOOO out there??

 

So, it's 10:18 and I've got to make some phone calls, leaving a message or two changing Dr.s appointments and such.

 

And I think this is gonna be good. I'm really glad for Laura, she was grinning to much as she walked through the gate at the airport.

 

She didn't even try to take her knitting needles onto the plane, but when she tried to enter the gate with a bottle of my home made Sparkling Wine, which she brought along to celebrate her friends 40th birthday, the guy wanted me to open it and prove it was sparkling wine!! I figured it kinda defeated the purpose. But he wasn't sure it wasn't gas, so, this 4'10''  40something mom with a husband and four children huddled together, standing within eyeshot, couldn't convince the guy that she wasn't a threat. Sigh. At least he let me take the bomb threat back home.

 

So, I hope she has a great time. We're doing alright here.


4 comments:

  1. When I saw the entry title I thought you were going to talk about your sermon this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) at Brad.



    To quote Noel Richards "we're dangerous people"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, is that why, when I said "good-bye" to Ken, as I was off to our gals coffee/book study time at Grainfields at 7 pm, I only heard "ya..go...go.....go." Here I thought he was trying to get rid of me or something......now thinking back he was most likely/hopefully urging on the Riders!!!!! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  4. dangerous people, indeed!





    :-)

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.