Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Being a pastor

Well, this one began around 8am and now it's nearly 10pm and I'm finishing up at the office for another day.


Seven visits/connectional things, and two meetings tonight.


I was thinking about the connections throughout the day, and how varied they were.


Today I was a spiritual advisor, a confidante, a friend, someone asking advice, I was a shoulder to weep on,  a mentor, a coworker, a pastor, someone to pray with, a pray-er. I was a burden bearer, a snow shoveler, a driver, a worship leader, an on call crisis caregiver, a ministerial treasurer, a teacher.


Now I'm going home to bed cause tomorrow I'm going to be an early morning pray-er.


But before I do that, if any of the kids are still up, I need to be a father.


P.S. I also was a telephone repair guy for a elderly lady I was having tea with. Her cordless wasn't working and I had it fixed in no time, making me quite the hero, and due for another shortbread cookie...

3 comments:

  1. And naturally, you didn't mean to omit the IMPORTANT job of husband and bed warmer!! wink, wink :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUCK! (said with a teenage snotty lilt)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you took the words right out of my mouth.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.