Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Decisions, decisions.

Somehow I booked myself four different activities/meetings to attend tonight. Sheesh, bad setup.


About a month ago, I agreed to participate in a Service of Healing at the local Anglican church. Then we found out it was also Micah's School's Christmas party night, which we normally attend. It was also my turn to lead worship practice, which I was able to delegate to some very good people. And finally, a Nomination Committee meeting, after 8 pm.


The service went great, it was really cool. I liked their approach, and hey, God showed up. Then Sunday's tunes were practiced by the worship team. And the committee meeting went very well. God has answered some fervent prayer over in that area!


The one thing I had to miss was Micah's party. I don't like to do that, but I did. He seemed to have a lot of fun, and discovered skiing for the first time. Now guess what he wants for Christmas... yep.


I've always tried to do ministry without asking my kids to pay all the costs, you know? You take each situation on it's own merit, as it comes. Sometimes you make the right decisions, and sometimes you crap out. But you try.


And, somehow, God is still able to make all grace abound. Somehow, in spite of decisions made right or wrong. He can work through the difficulties of those who love him.


Somehow he does.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.