Thursday, March 24, 2005

Cal-i-for-nia here she comes...

Well, she's gone.


Number two of four, Hillary, heard about this Easter Week youth trip to California about a year or so ago. She took a notion in her head that she would like to go on one of these trips too. So last Autumn, when she got her first job she started saving everything she earned, so she could go on this thing.


While there were a few moments of; "What else could I do with my money," at the end of the day she still wanted to go to California.


By a month ago, she had saved the thousand plus dollars she would need to go on the trip.


And she took care of the details.


The health insurance, the paperwork, the payments, the travellers cheques. She did it all herself.


A few minutes ago Lauralea and I put her on a bus to Saskatoon where she will connect with the group heading south, and she will have the time of her life.


San Francisco, Universal Studios, Knott's Berry farm, Laguna Beach, San Diego, Mexico, Magic Mountain, hey, I wish I was going.


I'm proud of her. She worked hard to accomplish this feat of finances and planning. For her, this in no small accomplishment.


So, I hope she has a blast and that she learns a little more about God's love for her.


She's gonna have a great 10 days.

4 comments:

  1. One of the guys in my chair this am was talking about how he drove down from up north after getting off his shift. That,I thought, was admirable. Then he continued to tell me that he had to continue on down to Saskatoon with his son who was going on this big trip to California - all by himself. He was going with a Christian organization but the dad was nervous because it was his first trip away like this. Sounds like he'll be in the same group as Hillary. Thought this was kind of cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the leader of such group, I am the leader of such a Hillary....and we are gonna have the time of our lives.....except, she wont get me on any of the rides....cya in 10 days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep my eyes out for her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I'm just now catching up on the blogging scene today being March 30! Just said to Ken this morning "I haven't seen Hillary for a bit. Wonder where she is?" Funny thing is that one of the bus drivers is Sharon C's (the gal we're praying for) husband....I was talking to her today and she said he'd be driving down to California with a Christian group! Small world. Hope Hillary's having a totally too-fun time! How mature of her to do it all herself.....you both are doing a very fine job of raising some great kids!

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.