Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Happy Birthday Micah

Well, today the Boy turns eleven. Wow.


Eleven years ago this morning we were wheeling Lauralea into the operating room to help this baby get born and we had a girls name all picked out but no boys name. That didn't matter because I was sure it would be a girl. So, as we were rolling her in she made me promise that if it was a boy, we'd call him Micah. I agreed.


He was the only one of our kids that I was allowed to be there for when he came out. It was amazing. I helped clean him off and welcomed him into this world.


Then I went back to Lauralea and reported, "Looks like we have a Micah!"


Eleven years later that name still suits him perfectly.


Have a great day Micah. Happy Birthday.

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday, Micah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love the name Micah! Happy Birthay, 11 is a great age to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Micah seems to have grown taller so fast this last year. Eleven already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday yesterday.



    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember telling you it would be a boy...and you told me that God told you it was a girl....I guess God had a sense of humor hey?....and then you kept practicing his name....."Dr. Micah David Friesen"......dr. huh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think the deal was, "Micah David" gives him the initials M.D. Friesen, so "M.D. Friesen M.D." would be kind of funky! Only thing better would be to have made it a little more symmetrical and turn the "Micah" and "David" around so it would be "D.M.F.M.D"! Whatever!!! I'm just glad we're done trying to come up with baby names!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You HOPE you are finished coming up with baby names. PS ... isn't congrats in order? ... hahahaha



    Happy Birthday, Micah - Man!

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.