Sunday, May 08, 2005

This morning we're not going to church.

Well, we are going to church but not our church. I just thought I'd use that headline to get people to read this!! What a hoser I am eh?


I'm preaching at a church down the road. A church that's going through a valley of brokenness these days. Where nerves are rubbed bare. Where communication is dying. Where conflict seems to be making itself at home.


Some days it's easy to do things like the world does, like my gimmick of drawing you in here. And some days it's hard to do the things Christ calls us to do.


Still He calls. And if we are to consider ourselves Jesus followers, we need to go where he went, do what he did, and say what he said. Maybe even die like he died.


So many choices, so few of them right.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.