Monday, January 23, 2006

Intestinal fortitude

Well, Lauralea was off this morning, early, to go do her civic duty (read: make some extra cash) by being a polling clerk for todays election.


And I was to continue my recuperation, and generally have a day off.


At least that was the plan, till I heard teenagers throwing up in the night.


So, today I've run errands and tried to help care for these two high school students, who were determined to get to their finals today. The eldest one I finally got back to bed, but the boy would hear none of it, dryheaving as he went out the door. (I'm not sure who they get the "come hell or high water" gene from, could be either of us...)


So, I made it through supper. Dried mashed potatoes and chicken bits and apple juice. What can I say, I wanted something easy on their stomachs!


And Lauralea isn't due home till after 11 tonight sometime. She has to get her ballots to the main hall asap, and I have to pick her up to get her there. So, if you see some polls are not reporting out of Prince Albert, it's probably because something else went wrong on the van!


Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled programing.


ending on a prayer, "God keep this Land..."

1 comment:

  1. Actually, Helen was the Poll Clerk. I was the "Deputy Returning Officer".

    (that just means that if something goes wrong, I'm to blame!)

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.