Tuesday, April 11, 2006

The day Thou gavest, Lord, is ended

The day Thou gavest, Lord, is ended,
The darkness falls at Thy behest;
To Thee our morning hymns ascended,
Thy praise shall sanctify our rest.

John Ellerton


And so it is. Just when I´m starting to feel myself.

This morning by 11 am, my head was having it´s own problems. I never have headaches so this was a humdinger of a surprise. (Wow, never thought I´d use that word in a sentence today! 3 points!)

I went home and stuffed some meds and tried to find a posture that didn´t hurt.

After some time of trying that, I gave up and went back to the office, kinda feeling like throwing up.

Dragged my butt home, had a few bites of supper and went to bed. Didn´t sleep really, just kind of rested, and used the lessons of our years ago pre-natal training to focus, and keep breathing, to help limit the pain. (Yeah, she would have been proud of me.)

Anyway, I´m returning to my former self, just a bit shaky is all.


It is the week leading up to Easter weekend, and I am looking forward to all the activities. The Maundy Thursday service has become my favourite service of the year. In it we walk with Christ through his last night on earth.

It gets quite moving as we progress, and share in the Lords Supper by serving one another. I rarely see the Church in all her broken glory, like I do when we serve each other the bread and juice.


To finish the song:

We thank Thee that Thy church, unsleeping,
While earth rolls onward into light,
Through all the world her watch is keeping,
And rests not now by day or night.

As o´er each continent and island
The dawn leads on another day,
The voice of prayer is never silent,
Nor dies the strain of praise away.

The sun that bids us rest is waking
Our brethren ´neath the western sky,
And hour by hour fresh lips are making
Thy wondrous doings heard on high.

So be it, Lord; Thy throne shall never,
Like earth´s proud empires, pass away:
Thy kingdom stands, and grows forever,
Till all Thy creatures own Thy sway.


night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.