Sunday, March 18, 2018

Bon soir

One of my most favourite places to be on earth, one of the best feelings to experience, is crawling into bed after a long tiring day and a hot shower. This can only be improved upon with freshly washed bedding.  It absolutely is the Best. Thing. Ever.

I used to think that was just me. However I've been reading through "Letters of C. S. Lewis" and in a letter to his friend Aurther Greeves, Lewis wrote:
"Tang-Tang there goes eleven o’clock ‘Tis almost faery time’. Don’t you simply love going to bed. To curl up warmly in a nice warm bed, in the lovely darkness, that is so restful & then gradually drift away into sleep . . . I’m turning out the gas. Bon soir!"
Bon soir indeed.







No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.