Monday, May 20, 2002

Golf is a sport... really

Well, yesterday I went golfing for the first time in many years and it was a good bit of fun!

Golfing for me is a bittersweet thing. I used to golf alot more when i was younger, but in the mid 90's I had a particularly bad year, and, after one very bad day on the course, I sold my clubs at the next church yard sale! There, done.

Yesterday after church, a few friends asked if I wanted to come along, and I went for it. It was a good decision.

It was one of those Big Blue Sky, Saskatchewan afternoons, warm bright, clear and winds gusting up to 200kms/hr. Boy was it windy, but it kept us cool and any bugs off. The best part was that the course was nearly empty, nobody to rush for and nobody to wait for. In a word it was sweet.

Good Pentecost Sunday, that's for sure.

The girls get home tonight. I've bee prayin that they have a good God time.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.