Saturday, May 25, 2002

pluggin along

"...And he did this for you"

Well, It's been a full couple of days, God-full, you know?

So many hurting people with so many needs, sometimes I think this world is just one big hurt. We go from glory to glory, peak to peak, and in between we live in the pain we and others create for ourselves. For some, the peaks are to far apart; for others, they never see any high points in life, and that is really hard.

It's been a bit like that for me, as of late. Kinda dry, pluggin along, wondering if I'm makin' a difference anywhere, (read: self-pity!) Then i get a call from a friend who's goin through a rough time, kinda just lost her bearings a bit. We talk a bit, I listen to her story, and I get to pray with her and for me this is always the best part. As I pray, God gives me words to pray, he shows up in power, and my spirit is refreshed from feeling His wind on my face. It is good. She is encouraged, and I am blessed because somebody trusted me with their story, and we are both able to go to the Father, and His presence is always sweet.

And speaking of sweet presence, tonight I went to the office to try to focus my thoughts for tomorrow. (It's kind of like trying to hold a bunch of marbles in my hands, one always slips out.) I finished and went into the sanctuary just to pray and say thanks for the day. Before I know it He's there and I loose an hour just worshiping. I turn to 1Peter 1 and I read:

18 For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And the ransom he paid was not mere gold or silver. He paid for you with the precious lifeblood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God. God chose him for this purpose long before the world began, but now in these final days, he was sent to the earth for all to see. And he did this for you.

And He did this for me.

Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.