Friday, April 25, 2003

Lauralea Turns 40

Well, it's been a busy week. Lauralea turned 40 on Thursday to be exact.
I've been planning a good party for about 4 months now, and we had some fun. First her sister Sylvia had a company here in town put 40 Penguins on the lawn early in the morning, very cool!

Lauralea and her 40 Penguins!

Check out a bigger pic here.

Then the kids gave her their presents, a Norah Jones CD, a fold-able lawn-chair, a jar of flavoured vinegar, and a beaded bracelet. All well thought-out gifts! Very considerate kids.

Then I surprised her by taking her away for the night in Saskatoon at the Delta Bessborough.




We went to her favourite restaurant in Saskatoon, "The Jasmine" and had a Tai lunch. Then we rooted around the McNally Robinson bookstore and picked up a few good purchases.

We found the Hotel and checked in to our room, overlooking the river. Then we found our-way down to the Signature Club Lounge, and ate some Sushi and other exotic treats.

At 9 we met up with my brother Jeff and my sister, Gaylene, and we went to the movies at the Rainbow (Cheap theater) and had a blast. We went through Wendy's late night drive-through on our way back to the hotel and ate and watched Will and Grace.

Today we hit the new Starbucks in Saskatoon, (Can you say "Swwweeet") and I got a new shiny travel mug, (So I can look cool like the cool pastors at the pastors meetings always do!!) We went to Parables Book store and then headed home.

It was a real blast, and we were in serious need of some time without any children around. Lauralea had a great time too, and, well now I'm tired.

So good night blogworld. Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.