Thursday, June 05, 2003

A little whine and root beer...

 Next week I have a study/discussion group and our topic is Self Care. So tonight Lauralea and I went out for root beer and a catch up on life.



Without meaning to be depressing, it seems we're just so tired of it all.


We're not tired of Prince Albert, heck, the people are great and it's a wonderful city. But, we're tired.


Tired of people, tired of loss. Tired of greater demands on us by bigger and bigger kids. Tired of trying to hear from God, for others who, either don't have the time or desire to hear Him for themselves.




Tired of pinching and squeezing, of used and handed down. Tired of the daily brokenness we encounter, and the "Successfulness" of others.


Tired of family asking if I have to go out tonight. Of phone calls that cause my supper to cool off, or my blood run cold.


Tired of structures that were created to be a blessing, but after years of use they art the blinders that we wear today. Tired of people thinking I have more actual power than I do. Tired of others who line up with "Just one little complaint."


Tired of addictions, tired of bondage, tired of the Lie. Tired of politics, of power, of control, and the other tools of The Enemy.


Tired.


And, I'm not sure it's about many of these things at all, as much as it's about working hard, in an all consuming work. Of having only two parts to my life, my home life, and my work life.


Lauralea and I, are, well, tired.


We counted 17 years we've been doing this without a break. We've had holidays, but I've noticed it takes longer and longer into our holidays for us to get refreshed. I'm concerned that one time it won't spring back.


And, that's allot to dump out right here at randallfriesen.com, but, like you, life has it's days. I don't want this place to be like the church in Western civilization each Sunday morning!  "All happy faces, All the time!!"    Na, enough of that. This is a place where we can be a bit honest with each other. I hope.





Now, onto tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.