Saturday, June 14, 2003

Party on Wayne...NOT

It's 7:22 in the freakin morning, and I should have alot of better things to do, LIKE SLEEP!

 

But, I've been up since around 6am, because the next door neighbours decided to move their party to the front yard, and carry on there.

 

I honestly don't know how they do it. They started around 5pm yesterday in their back yard drinkin and carrying on. As long as they kept it to the back yard, fine. (Hillary slept in the living room, because her room is in the back of the house.) But by 6am this morning, the party, 25-35 people, had moved to the front of the house.

 

By 6:30 my patience was gone, by 6:38 my Christian love was leaving, and by 6:39 I was on the phone to the cops. It's now 7:30, and so far, no cops. I think this city must have like three patrol cars on duty in the night, cause we never see them in the east flat area.

 

So, everybody (age ranges oh say 15 to 60) is mingling on my front lawn, right in front of my open bedroom window, drinking, laughing, swearing, listening to some tunes. Some very big guy just hammered a skinny guy straight in the kisser with his fist, oh and look, some guy has just pulled down his pants and is, well, kinda waddling back and forth on the street. Sigh.

 

What really really bugs is that I've seen some of these people before. I've been the clergy on call at the hospital when their loved ones have been hurt and killed due to alcohol. I've been the one to try to comfort them, the one to tell them someone they love is dead. They return to the booze like a comfortable old friend.

 

Addictions really are unbelievably terrible. Along with all the lies and structures we create to hide our addictions in.

 

I'm all for a good time and a great party, but I'm also in favour of death to addictions. We need to root them out. Hunt them down and kill them dead. Blood must be spilt over these old patterns of control. And the only blood that will do, is Jesus' blood.

 

--end rant here--

2 comments:

  1. Randall; This is not good. A tip I learned from having to answer too many false alarms at the office - dont't call the police at change of shift - and this seems to be between 6 and 7:30 am. Seems it takes them a long time to get going again. What the city does with no police coverage for the hour and a half it takes them to change shift I don't know. Run out of patience earlier - like maybe 11:00pm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am ready tonight to start calling and not stop till something happens.



    The kicker is that the family that lives there seems ok. They have little kids, including a newborn. Nobody is allowed to smoke in the house, and they are very helpful in the area.



    But, then their family and old friends come to town and, take over, I think. I suspect that she often hopes someone will call the police and empty the yard out. So that will be me!



    So far, it's all quiet. I'm headed to bed.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.