Monday, August 25, 2003

Dawdling

Micah woke us this morning with the announcement that there was a man at the door, and could he speak to Lauralea or myself.

 

Well, as we were just waking up and things were fuzzy, we told him to communicate to the man that we were still in bed. Off he went to do this, and as our heads started to clear we began to realize the implications of what we had done. In the mind of this man we could be considered either lazy beggars or sex maniacs!! Well, it turned out to be a friend.

 

Anyway, with a cool end-of-summer breeze blowing in the bedroom window we got up to see that the time was 10am. Laura got the shower first and I lay about, not wishing the day to begin. The second last day of my holidays, the last week of August, of summer, of warm outdoor opportunities.

 

I dawdled though a long shower. I think I was trying to make time to slow down. To make it stop for just a few more days of summer. Drying off, I saw on the clock that time hadn't stood still for me.

 

I turned on the news as I dressed, trying to get up to speed for the day. On the TV was an interview with Chantal Kreviazuk, and I thought again of one of her songs that I like the best. Time.

 



Time, where did you go?
Why did you leave me here alone?
Wait, don't go so fast
I'm missing the moments as they pass
Now I've looked in the mirror and the worlds getting clearer
So wait for me this time
I'm down I'm down on my knees I'm begging for all your sympathy
But you (I'm just an illusion) you don't seem to care (I wish that I could)
You humble people everywhere (I don't mean to hurt you)
Now I've looked in the mirror and the worlds getting clearer
I'll take what you give me. Please know that I'm learning
So wait for me this time
I should've know better
I shouldn't have wasted those days
And afternoons and mornings
I threw them all away
Now this is my time
I'm going to make this moment mine.
(I shouldn't have wasted those days)
I'll take what you give me. Please know that I'm learning
I've looked in the mirror
My world's getting clearer
So wait for me this time

 




2 comments:

  1. "we could be considered either lazy beggars or sex maniacs!!"



    I remember your post a couple of months ago about wanting a combined hobby for you and Lauralea. If the friend read your blog he'd KNOW which the answer was (",)



    Hope you can enjoy the last few days. I agree about time moving at an ever quickening pace. I can still remember when 15 minutes was an eternity, especially when, as a 6 year old, you're asked to wait that long. But look on the bright side - life is now like having a movie on fast forward, so that even if you're in a boring bit, you know a good bit will come along soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DOn't you hate the end of holidays! It seems to come all to quickly. Enjoy them mate.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.