Thursday, August 07, 2003

Woo Hoo Holidays


Well, you may notice it's a bit quiet round here for the next few week, we just started our holidays yesterday. YaaHoooo.


Or, you may notice more up here, because I have more to write about, and the time to do it.


But I suspect that for the first part of the holiday it will be quieter, or the topics will be mundane things like what's better, licorice cigars or pipes?


Then, as the holiday progresses, it will get deeper, asking questions like, what's better, Mennonites or Baptists.



Last night I stayed at my brother Jeff's new apartment in Saskatoon. We went and saw Xmen2, then we found a pizza place in the back of a bar on 8th street and took home matching pizza's and watched my personal favorite, "So I Married and Axe Murderer" with Mike Myers, the good Canadian boy.


Oh how we laughed. "Charlie, light a match!!" "Heed, paperrrr now"


I guess you had to be there.


Then this morning we hit The coffee place,  Starbucks, and had a Columbian. (Coffee, for the uninitiated)


It's cool having a brother, you know?



Then we picked up the girls who flew in from Tennessee, and now we're all back under one roof, safe and sound and a little better off, I think.


Our holidays will consist of having a few guests over from out of town, checking in with both our parents, but mostly it will be about hiding out here at the homestead, chillin.



So, feel free to comment when the mood strikes, talk to me or other comment-ers, and let's us have a great holiday


Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. And indeed, blessings to you too.



    There are times when home's the best place to be, and if you've just had a high-stress time then this may well be THE place. Hope it hits the spot for you.



    I can answer some of your questions: Pipes!



    I really had no idea Mike Myers was a Canuke though. I suspect my favourite role for him was actually Shrek, especially using that Glaswegian accent. I must admit that the makeup department really excelled themselves in that one, though ;-)

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.