Sunday, September 21, 2003

Dentist

Ok, tomorrow morning at sunrise, I'm in "The Chair"


Well, Linea's chair to be exact. She's gonna fill the hole in my head. I know her and like her, and that's a good thing. What's not great is that me and dentists have a long and sorted past.


As a child, my first dentist was from Central America someplace, and I couldn't understand him at all. And he hacked around in my mouth quite a bit, asking me things I didn't understand. This terrified me so much that when my dad took me to the Optometrist who was in the same building, I froze. I wouldn't say  "E"  "I H"  "R O S" or any of the letters on the screen. Dad took me home quite disappointed!!


My last dentist was at the university in Winnipeg. I went there because we had no money, but I was in pain. I must have been, to have some kid with his hands in my mouth for 4 hours, and who, occasionally would say "Oops" or "Sorry about that!" 


Anyway, I like Linea which should make me much more fearless. But alas, I'm a mere mortal.


Sigh.


And just so you feel my "pain" click on this link. It's a Dentist's Cam (Not Linea's) and you can be reminded of the joy of a trip to the dentist.


Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. Ok now relax. This isn't going to hurt a bit!



    I do understand. I've been on the receiving end too and I agree it's no fun at all. And I'm married to a dentaphobic as well - lets see it's maybe been ... four years for him. And I don't think he is afraid of "me".



    So relax.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By curious coincidence, my Chris had a crown fitted today. Asked how it went - "feels odd, but not as bad as the temporary one".



    Hope it went well for all concerned, and you and Linea are still speaking to each other ;-)

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.