Sunday, November 09, 2003

Calling All Angels

I've had a long "People" weekend. Lot's of people to talk with and meet with, so tonight when Lauralea went out, I tried to find a quite corner round here to hang out. But none could be found. The kids followed me into every corner and space, kinda in a "I can't seem to stop talking" mood. (Well, it was mostly Micah I guess, and if you know him, you'll understand!) He then got busy playing a driving game on the computer.


 


 


So, I grabed my IPAQ and, got my Classic FM Magazine and headed out to a local cafe. I sat alone in the booth, drinking chocolate milk and stared out the window, listening to tunes like this:



I need a sign to let me know you're here
All of these lines are being crossed over the atmosphere
I need to know that things are gonna look up
Cause I feel us drowning in a sea spilled from a cup
When there is no place safe and no safe place to put my head
When you can feel the world shake from the words that I said


And I'm calling all angels
And I'm calling all you angels


And I won't give up if you don't give up
I won't give up if you don't give up
I won't give up if you don't give up
I won't give up if you don't give up


I need a sign to let me know you're here
Cause my tv set just keeps it all from being clear
I want a reason for the way things have to be
I need a hand to help build up some kind of hope inside of me


And I'm calling all angels
And I'm calling all you angels


When children have to play inside so they don't disappear
While private eyes solve marriage lies cause we dont talk for years
And football teams are kissing queens and losing sight of having dreams
In a world where all we want is only what we want untill it's ours


And I'm calling all angels


And it was good. Restful good.


So, thanks Father for a good day today. Grant us a peaceful night, and a good rest.


 


P.S. Thanks Toni for praying.


 

2 comments:

  1. Micah - what can you say! You feel like telling his mind to slow down since it flies around like a bouncy crazy ball. It was fun with him the other night but I can see where you needed to escape for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that song too. Now that I see it on the computer screen it will be stuck in my head the rest of the night :)

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.