Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Deeper.

Final preparations are underway for the trip to Minneapolis this week.


Changing the brakes on the car, getting US dollars, finalizing the service for Sunday without me, getting my haricut so they don't reject me on account of long hair... (Bob, my barber sez i should get a fake earring, see how they handle it! I'm tempted.)  Tons of things to worry about.


The girls had a great weekend in Regina, so i guess that worrying was a waste of time. I don't know, sometimes you think you've got it beat, then the next day, worry worry worry.


Looks like there will be time on the road to think alot. That's good. I need to think and pray a bit. I need to think through this Calling God has on my life. What does it mean? What does it look like exactly?  I know I need to embrace it more, to live in it more fully, rather than play the "Yes I've got a calling but it's just a small part of my life" game. I need to live it out, fully. I just don't know what that looks like yet.


I need to go deeper again. The busyness and worries of life tend to get me moving along the surface of grace, and I need to go deeper again. My family needs me deeper in the grip of His grace. The church I care for needs me to be deeper in the lake that is His presence. I need to explore more of him again. There are rooms and levels of God I've never even looked at before, and I need to go there again.


I need to count the cost though. To count it again and see if I am willing to go to those places he calls me to go. Again, something of myself will need to die, I know that. But I also know that in the death, something amazing and beautiful will grow. Life will happen.


So, when you think of us, pray for us eh?


 

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I know deeper is better, so why is it so hard to remember and to go there?



    And yes, we (the church body) and I will be remembering you, Lauralea and the kids this next week. Try to have some FUN AND RELAXATION, too, while you're travelling, hey?



    Hope it goes really, really well. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, tell Bob that we have plenty of people going through with REAL earings -- and no one really seems to give a rip about it. You'd be surprised at how many Covenant pastors do the earing thing -- a few less with tattoos. One pastor has a Covenant logo tattoo -- or so I'm told -- the board of ministry never asked him to drop his pants.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.