Saturday, July 17, 2004

More of the same

Another early evening at the hospital.


He, a little older than I. Heart stopped. Flatlined.


She, angry, violent, emotional, lost.


The kids, weeping in a corner.


Code Blue.


They pump meds into his heart. Shoot electricity through his chest.


Waiting... hoping...praying...


They find a pulse.


We pray. And weep and yell and moan.


He wakes up. They can't stablize him.


We wait and wait and wait and wait, and wait.


Still, they work to make him stable.


So the family can see him.


So he can be rushed the hour drive to Saskatoon, for better care.


Minutes pass. Mountains and valleys. Waiting.


Family arrives. I leave. Waiting.


I eat supper.


Tired so I go to bed.


Can't sleep.


Waiting... wondering.


 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Randall, for being there for that family-for waiting with them, praying for and with them, supporting them, grieving with them. Thank you for being obedient to God's call to serve. Thank you for continuing on, when I know you get tired, burnt out, worn down. Thank you. Thank you for being like Christ. You encourage me, as I know you brought encouragement and comfort to that family as they waited. Thank you. And may the God of all comfort and strength give you an extra measure of both today.



    Melody

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.