Monday, September 27, 2004

Picnics can be fun

This afternoon Lauralea and I attempted to steal some time from the oncoming winter, by having a picnic.


We got some very fresh bread, some cheese and some tomato stuff, a 2 year old bottle of Chokecherry wine and some Joni Mitchell playin in the cd player, and headed out to our leaf covered back yard.


We took time remembering our past, and dreamed some new dreams for our future. The sun shone on us through the trees and the breeze was brisk and it blew leaves down onto us and into our cups, and it was all good.


Some day I'll look back on days like this with a fondness that goes deep into my soul.


I think that day will be tomorrow.


 

2 comments:

  1. Ah, 2002 was a fine year for chokecherry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed!



    I'd been saving it for a special occasion! It was nice.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.