Saturday, October 30, 2004

And thus ends a perfectly weird week.

I think the XP is mostly back from the dead, although I am having some trouble with some programs.


And, we've been fighting the flu here too. I get tired after a long day and get all achy and sore.


The highlight was a congregational meeting Thursday night. It was a good time of review and refocus. Of sharing stories and caring for each other. We're heading into a busy time of year, so we're going to set aside a week for prayer and waiting on God again this year just before advent begins.


And, after working on ideas for a sermon, then finding a lack of peace and rest about it yesterday, I went back to the drawing board last night and today. With the new idea and direction I'm going, I feel like I have "His" peace about it.


So, I head into Sunday with a deep sense of peacefulness, finally!


It's been a long week. And I look forward to tomorrow.


Tomorrow is special day, when many people will celebrate and worship their gods. Gods who most of us have unknowingly worshipped at one point or another.


I am glad that God is in the business of bringing us from the darkness into the light.



Take pity on me, Lord, and listen to my prayer. Alleluia.
When I called out, he heard me, the God of my righteousness.
When I was in trouble, you gave me freedom: now, take pity on me and listen to my prayer.


Sons of men, how long will your hearts be heavy?
Why do you seek for vain things?
Why do you run after illusions?
Know that the Lord has done marvellous things for those he has chosen.
When I call upon the Lord, he will hear me.


Be vigorous, but do not sin: speak in the silence of your heart, in your bed, be at rest.
Offer righteousness as a sacrifice, and put your trust in the Lord.


Many are saying, Who will give us good things?
Let your face shine on us, Lord, let the light of your face be a sign.
You have given me a greater joy than the others receive from abundance of wheat and of wine.
In peace shall I sleep, Lord, in peace shall I rest: firm in the hope you have given me.


 


Keep us safe, Lord, while we are awake, and guard us as we sleep, so that we can keep watch with Christ and rest in peace. Alleluia.
Now, Master, you let your servant go in peace.
You have fulfilled your promise.
My own eyes have seen your salvation, which you have prepared in the sight of all peoples.
A light to bring the Gentiles from darkness;  the glory of your people Israel.


Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be,  world without end.



Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.