Thursday, March 10, 2005

So, we went to a concert and a party broke out

Well, we've been through the school concert scene with Johanna and then Hillary and then Thomas. Now it's Micah's turn.


So tonight we went to see him and his band play some tunes. He did quite well, for all the practicing he does!! In fact, he's been asked to be in the senior band too.


Now, don't think us totally looser parents, (or do but just don't tell us) but we can't figure this out. He doesn't practice at home, and he's shooting up the ranks like a Dizzy Gillespie. Tonight we figured it out. He's one of two Trumpet players, and the other one never shows up.


But, I think he's enjoying the extra demands the band teacher is placing on him. Something he's finally succeeding at, and we all need something like that in our lives.


So, afterwards we hit Tim's for hot chocolate and donuts, his choice. (Didn't win anything!)


 


 


 


Here's a 6 meg mov. movie clip if you want to see him in action. You can hear the two trumpets near the end.


(Right click and hit Save as...)


 


 



1 comment:

  1. Oh man! Does that ever take me back! My parents always had me in some kind of music. When we moved to Canada and I was old enough to be in band I took up trumpet as well. I see myself playing trumpet in that picture--and there are so many feelings attached to that: innocence, simplicity, trust, faith, childhood, etc.--and I hear my own band play in the video.



    In grade 6 or 7 I decided that I was fed up with my inexplicable inability to get sound out of a trumpet before 9am (which was, unfortunately, when we had our practices), I switched to clarinet. I played that for a couple of years, but quit band altogether in high school and joined choir instead (and picked up guitar later). I kind of wish I had kept playing the trumpet. I could have been in some cool jazz band somewhere!



    Anyway, thanks for the stroll down memory lane.



    Oh, and I gotta remember to buy some coffee tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.