Friday, May 27, 2005

Bring your kid to work day

This afternoon Micah is hanging around with me as I busy myself with the presumably important matters of pastoral work.


I'm studying for the sermon, then I'm to meet someone to listen to and share their story. I didn't plan this very well. He's sitting there, watching me read and write stuff. How very exciting. I should have planned my care home visitation for this afternoon and he could have come along.


But, he did have some good questions for me. We've been working them through.


 


Question #1:
How old were you when you started to be a pastor?


Answer:
I think I was about 22 when I started to be a pastor.


Question #2:
About how many people do you think attend Gateway Covenant Church?


Answer:
It's around 80-90 people for church services but around 150 people call it home.


Question #3:
Why did you choose this job?


Answer:
If it was up to me I wouldn't have chosen this job, but God asked me to do it.


Question #4:
What do you do as a pastor?


Answer:
I study God's word for sermons, & classes. I study Theology and languages, church history. I study current affairs, Meditation, practice the disciplines... Planning and prepping other aspects of worship, attending and traveling to meetings. Counseling, visiting, encouraging, listening, helping, praying...


Question #5:
How much do you get paid?


Answer:
I receive about $_____ during a year.


Question #6:
What do you have to do for the church services?


Answer:
I try to find out what God wants done. Then I have to make sure someone's planning it. Then I prepare a sermon, then I have to be there on Sunday to make sure it happens.


Question #7:
If you have a special event, what would it be for?


Answer:
If we have an event it would be to tell people about Jesus, or share his love with them. Or to learn and grow ourselves.


Question #8:
When did you know you wanted to be a pastor?


Answer:
I worked in camps in the summer of 1983. After that I knew God was asking me to work for him.


Question #9:
How long have you been working for?


Answer:
Around 20 years.


Question #10:
How many more years do you want to be a pastor for?


Answer:
As long as God wants me to be a pastor.


Question #11:
Do you have any days off?


Answer:
Yes, Mondays are my days off.


Question #12:
If you're suppose to be at work, do you come home later and do something you think is important?


Answer:
I try to, but it's not always that easy.


Question #13:
If you go out for a drink of coffee, how long do you think you take?


Answer:
I usually grab a cup of coffee and bring it back to the church.


Question #14:
Do you like your job? Why?


Answer:
Usually I do, because I get to help people.


Question #15:
Why did you become a Christian?


Answer:
I met God and what can you do when you meet him but believe in him.

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.