Thursday, May 05, 2005

Lacing up the ole skates

Faithful readers of randallfriesen.com (all two of you) will recall how two years ago nearly to the day, I went out on my first try at rollerblading. Remember how embarrassing it ended up, at the Doctor?


Um, yes, the beauty of a Blog. Here, Here, and Here, ok?


Now you're all up to speed.


Anyway, after the little incident my hand was bugging me most of the summer so I never returned to the sport. Then last year found me very busy and the weather was less than stellar. So I really never got back on those blades.


Until tonight.


First decent night off in a very long time, so I'm off to find some smooth pavement.


Wish me luck.


I'm gonna need it.


UPDATE:


Yeeeah, no hospital visits tonight! Woo Hoo!

6 comments:

  1. do you wear wrist guards?



    and all the other protective equipment for that matter? I know that stuff has saved my wrists, knees, etc. a few times on those rollerblades.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After the last "Incident" i discovered wrist guards and use them regularly. They are the only form of protection I use...



    I suppose when I crash on my knees I'll go out and get kneepads.



    What I really don't get is seeing people rollerblading just wearing shorts or a bikini. That's gotta be like asking for trouble, on so many different levels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see it.



    so you go to the mall parking lot. with the big mini-van. pull out your roller blades, helmet, wrist guards, knee pads, elbow pads. Mom sitting in the front seat of the van reading a book with her "sunglasses" on, teenagers and such racing by on their skateboards and baggy pants....



    I'm so glad no one knows you're my father sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just had wrist guards on for your information, and the skaterkids though I was cool.



    So there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The skaterkids were probably wishing that their dads rocked like Johanna's dad rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When you're up to it I have a hockey stick you can play with...

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.