Friday, September 30, 2005

Daily reading. Bright Lights in a Dark City

Phil 2:12-18
Bright Lights in a Dark City


There is a small elderly lady in our Church who has a citywide reputation. Auntie Florence is meek and gentle, caring and loving. She never complains and she's always involved and active, helping the less fortunate.  Her example shines in this city. The community notices her and holds her up as a good example of what a Christian should be like.


Both she and Paul challenge me to live in a way that makes a difference. The light of God that shines in them shines in me too. Its God's light. When that light is held up against the darkness of the day, people see it and notice. And in seeing they have another chance to choose life, with God in it.


Today as you go out into your regular activities, consider how you shine, that the world might see your example, and be drawn to Christ.


Father, today grant us eyes to see ourselves as the world does. Renew your Glory within us, that we might live brightly. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for a neat eye-opener this morning. Prayers for you and your family in the busy days ahead.



    The Z's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love my "Auntie Florence" And you are so right when you speak of how she sets an example. Her legacy transends family blood lines, city limits and denominations. When I grow up I wanna be just like her. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.