Monday, September 19, 2005

Today is about prayer

Early this morning the email brings in two urgent requests for prayer. Initially my spirit is overwhelmed by the size of the problems, the depth of the pain. I unconsciously shift mode into a kind of constant open communication with heaven. I have some chores to do, but I am calling heaven all along.


A moment clears and I realize this communication is opened, God is saying something into my heart. I call out the situations he already knows well enough about. I know this yet I call them out anyway. I have a burden, a responsibility. Not from those needing prayer, but from God. It's his spirit that gives the burden to pray, and it's his spirit who prays. And when the burden is released, prayer is accomplished.


Halfway through the day, another need comes in by telephone. I add it to the other two.


Then just before supper, another email. This one much greater than the others, a friend's life is in the balance. Today. I add it to the other three and the house becomes a bit somber. The focus turns to heaven, and everybody knows that. Lauralea joins in.


We eat supper and clean up and go about our tasks with this generous pipeline open from our home to Gods. There is a sense of urgency, yet not any sense of hopelessness. It's a quiet, just beneath the surface, kind of thing.


And so it will go on, till the burden is lifted.


I think I'm going out for a walk, to pray.

4 comments:

  1. I'm a frient of toni ertl



    but I know what you mean about the burden that god puts on peoples heart.

    I pray the situations get resloved for the best.

    god bless

    ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ian.



    Good to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ian - good to see you over here.



    Take care my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Randall, I know that somethings may seem overwhelming by the size of the prayer request. But I know that you will pull through and pray for that person whoever they are even if it's a difficult prayer request.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.