Monday, November 21, 2005

changing addresses

Well, I think I'm about toast for this day. I spent the day getting ready for a big funeral we'll be having here tomorrow.


Early in the day I got a call from a church friend, and a guy I had been to see at the hospital yesterday passed away last evening. That funeral will be here at Gateway on Friday.


To many people going home. To many people changing addresses.


While I am deeply grateful that these two men are in better places, I will miss them.


Another generation being peeled away, taken home. And very soon it will be my turn to go. I hope when it's my turn, that I can say with Paul:



"As for me, my life has already been poured out as an offering to God. The time of my death is near. I have fought a good fight, I have finished the race, and I have remained faithful.  And now the prize awaits me?the crown of righteousness that the Lord, the righteous Judge, will give me on that great day of his return. And the prize is not just for me but for all who eagerly look forward to his glorious return."


Amen. Lord, when all is said and done, let me be able to say I have remained faithful.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah - this has been and is going to be still some week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayer list here at work is getting to be certainly much more than I can handle too. One fellow Mark is in Edmonton dying of a brain tumor, Carol is dying here in hospital with cancer, Gabrielle has serious head injury, Viola going for breast biopsy this week, and Sharon F. diagnosed with bowl cancer plus our Shannon.

    God, come to us. We need you.....

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.