Thursday, February 16, 2006

Dark Hope


"I will not answer when they cry for help.
Even though they anxiously search for me, they will not find me.
For they hated knowledge and chose not to fear the LORD.
They rejected my advice and paid no attention when I corrected them.
That is why they must eat the bitter fruit of living their own way.
They must experience the full terror of the path they have chosen.
For they are simpletons who turn away from me--to death.
They are fools, and their own complacency will destroy them.

But all who listen to me will live in peace and safety, unafraid of harm."


7 comments:

  1. Refresh my memory.....what prophet spoke these words?

    ReplyDelete

  2. Check out the end of proverbs 1!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Harsh truth.



    I always fear these kind of words when they can so easily be used to write off whole segments of humanity.



    Another reasom I just don't like these words is because I know they are true. People make such stupid choices. And that makes me very sad because I have such high hopes for those people that I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The even scarier truth, Linea, may be that you and are those stupid people....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That should have said you and I. I'm not off the hook....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gavin - yeah, but we both know that we are stupid many times. And recognizing our dependance on God is likely the best thing we have ever done. That is likely the beginning of wisdom right there.

    ReplyDelete

  7. But at the end of the day, any given day, there is a Hope. That's why we hang on. That's why we keep praying, and watching for movement.



    Hope. Sometimes it's slim, or dark, but there is hope.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.