Sunday, February 05, 2006

Superblow 40

Well, Steelers won in spite of themselves, and with a wee bit of help from the refs, they were able to overcome.


And for the record, the boys stuck with my highs and lows, throughout the game!  But I'm not sure what happened about God's support. Maybe he was still in church. Or better yet, he probably was hanging with the poor. He does that you know. So it would make sense that the SuperBowl would be the last place he would be. With the most expensive seats going for over 10 grand each, and the cheapest for $700, I doubt anybody in that place could be considered poor.


The highlight of the game? We got to see the Superbowl commercials in Canada!


The ABC station out of Detroit was broadcasting the whole game, even the commercials. Normally Canada doesn't see the commercials because the Canadian stations broadcast their own commercials over the Superbowl ones. But for whatever reason, today they allowed the commercials to be broadcast here in Canada. And there were some sweet ones indeed.


I loved the "Streaker" lamb one. Oh, and the magic fridge one too. Also, the cell phone with built in theft deterrent, that was sweet. (The Pepsi airport one, and the Ameriquest one with the monkeys)


So, another one for the books.
Now, for spring training. Only five months away.

8 comments:

  1. Best post title EVER!



    Imagine paying 10 grand for the superbowl and your team doesn't even win? Yikes.



    I'm glad you had some company. After your last post I was tempted to drop by (you sounded like you'd be so lonesome), but the wife was out and about...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meh, I can't be bothered with football that much. CFL and NFL (a little). Give me some pro wrestling and I will talk for hours on end. You may think that I have too much time on my hands, but it's just something I like watching. I know, I know, you are going to tell me it's fake. The storylines and feuds are fake, but they do train and get injuries just like any other sport.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The FedEx ad with the cavemen - so funny, two thunbs up. The ad where the women make themselves into what? oh yeah, a hamburger! Whatever, Burger King. I did enjoy the game as well as the commercials.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had one set of the YK family drop in to watch the game here perhaps next year you and your guacamole can come by wherever we are in PA to watch the game on the 52"

    ReplyDelete

  5. Drool drool



    you have a 52"er?



    ReplyDelete
  6. I watched only a small part of the game, then my kids politely asked me to move along so that they could watch Napoleon Dynamite.



    OK, so we aren't a sports household.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sad to say but we have a 52"DLP and just recently acquired a 42" plasma (a deal too good to pass up according to the husband). We are way to modern a family but it makes it great for movie night and Youth Group Nights.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't feel too jealous Randall; HDTV's are really only running at half capacity at the current moment. So they arn't getting the 2.4gp but only around 1 (sigh). Shortly however they will be cheaper and of higher resolution

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.