Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day to me

You"ve Never Been Unloved


you are my child, and i am proud,
that you are so bold
and shy,



so quiet,


and caring.



that you fearlessly attempt things
i would never touch.



that you love and hate with all your heart-


on the days you love,

everything is brighter.


on the days you hate,

all is blackness


and the world is plunged into



despair




we wonder on a road all our days,
unsure of the direction.


when the road dips, or turns sharply

we are surprised


caught unaware, we crash and cry
and wonder why.



and i stop to help you up, but
you reject my hand



the hate in your eyes owns you.


the fear i see in them is your fear of yourself
and
what is happening to you.



i hide the fear in my own eyes.


i want you to know that
something in your changing life
is sure
and
safe
and
secure.



i offer you help again

you push away.

you prefer to sit in your own blood,


broken, bruised.



and i must let you sit there
for this is your road.



still, i love you.

so i sit beside you
and wait
and pray.



5 comments:

  1. I'm hearing you.........praying too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaks so much of my heart. LOVE IT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] I got up early, so I headed off to McDonalds alone for breakfast and did some thinking about my dad and grandpa, and last years fathers day and how lousy it was for me. [...]

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.