Friday, June 16, 2006

Thunderclouds and Peace

This morning I drove out to Christopher Lake to meet with a friend fighting cancer. He hasn"t been able to be in church for a while, so I took communion to him and his wife.

It"s always cool how a regular kitchen table can so easily turn into a holy place and a holy moment carved out of the pain and struggle that illness brings. We share the simple juice and bread together, and I anoint him with oil, and prayer.

Christopher LakeI had brought my camera along so afterwards I went down to the dock just as a thunderstorm was rolling in for some quick shots.

And I remembered that one of my best buddies growing up, who is now pastoring our childhood church was heading to my mom and dad"s place to share the Lord"s Table with them this day too.

Cool.


No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.