Saturday, July 08, 2006

More GoodByes

I confess to the two of you who read this page that these days I feel quite lost.

Not eternally lost, for eternity seems closer than ever before and I think it can be that way when you have friends or family who have moved on into paradise.

No, this lostness seems to have me caught between needing a real break, and seeing people around me and my work that need attention.

I know that if I am ever to be a help to them, I need to care for myself first, but I am so torn.


Tonight we are also saying goodbye to some friends who have been worshiping with us a few years now. They are moving on to another town for their jobs. It will be good for them, but again, for us it"s another good bye.

They have helped us minister and care for the small group we are a part of, and it"s hard to stay behind as people come, get into your life, and move on. I confess I am nervous we will see a few other quality people move on because of their work. Sigh.


I"m still working on a location to retreat for next week. I hope the pieces fall into place ok.

5 comments:

  1. Hey, we're all still reading. (I know for a fact that my mom and Marc and I both log in to rf.com multiple times a day!) Sometimes we just don't know what to say... I hope this week works out for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also happen to read your site quite often but I just have been lurking. Thanks for all the help and prayers you gave and sent up for us in the middle of your own greiving and chaos. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Others read this as well.
    Retreat is good. Take time to settle, it seems you've had a lot on your plate recently.
    Blessings

    DJR

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I can tell you WE're back safe and sound. I think both the 'rents might be in bed- I'm not so lazy! lol.
    Thanks so much for the last week and a half...

    And yes, smile through the tears, see those who you have helped, and look at the good you have caused, and smile harder.
    Take care.
    Ben

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definetly more than 3 readers. ;)

    You continue to be in my prayers. May God feel near and may you get the rest of spirit you need on your days off. Grief is a long process and it's tiring.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.