Monday, July 10, 2006

Some observations made at the waterslide today

Micah, Thomas and I hit the slides this warm afternoon, and I noticed a few things.

1) like how we deal with our different body types in different ways. Hiding, adjusting, distracting ourselves, trying to make ourselves fit in to the broader community. I think the people who were the most fun to be around were those apparently unaware or unconcerned about how they looked. They were just having fun.

2) that what seemed like a great idea 20 years ago after a few drinks with friends, and off you went to get a tattoo, now 20 years and 4 kids later, that tat looks like the foldable back page of a mad magazine that you can"t make any sense of anymore.

3) that my boys are insensitive and in fact I don"t have any back hair.

4 comments:

  1. just because YOU can't see it doesn't mean it's not there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to wandering around all day mumbling "mad magazine" and giggling madly.

    Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that back hair Johanna's referring to?

    Why should a man not have a hairy back? Real men don't waste hormones etc etc. We're MADE to have hairy backs. And fronts too. And legs.

    Who would want a man want to look smooth like a woman anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Toni, some guys are like a smooth chest. Would you like to see a male bodybuilder that is harry beyond belief? I rest my case.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.