Sunday, March 04, 2007

Cut it out!!!

Ok. that's about enough for now thank you.

Two weeks ago the Microwave stopped working. We realized how much it has become a part of our lives, so we got Thomas to pick up a cheap one at his place of employment, and with his discount, well it helped.

Then the waterheater spewed on us Friday. Call George the plumber. More cost.

Then today as I was leaving for the church Thomas gets into the van and informs me that the toilet was overflowing and let's go to church. Unbelievable. Completely unbelievable.

It turned out to be the tank that was broken and leaking and I spent the supper hour replacing the innards of the toilet tank.

So, what else can go wrong?

What else is on the way, ready to take it's best shot?

Freezer dies? Car blows up? Come on, give it your best shot.

Oh, and did I mention that this week will probably be the most stressful of the year? We need to replace the floor covering in the church and before that can be done we will have had to move 85 million tons of pews, 37 million tons of books, 12 million tons of paper, 8 million tons of chairs, and about 74 million tons of desks, bookshelves, file cabinets, paper, etc. etc. etc.

I am so glad we have some awesome volunteers.

7 comments:

  1. OK - the prayer room is cleaned out - only a small dent. About 1 million tonnes of chairs, 1 pound of paper, maybe 10 pounds of books - we carried our cross.

    Tracey took one look at the empty room and wants to paint!

    Tried to satisfy her with leaving her mark on the floor but I don't know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh - yeah and doesn't trouble come in threes? Then you should be about done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 85 million pews...that church is a lot bigger on the inside than it looks from the outside.. It's no wonder you are so busy, what with all those people in your congregation. Grin.

    I have to agree with Linea here though; trouble, in my experience, does only come in three's so you have got to be done for now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Trouble only comes in threes? Crap. This is not good news for me. We are dealing with the stomach flu and a leaking water heater. That's only two. That means I've got one more thing coming and I'm having trouble keeping up with these two. I wonder if I could count the stomach flu in each of my kids separately? That would make three. But then I would feel obligated to count myself, which puts us at four. Which would mean I have two to go to take us to the next multiple of three. Stinkin. I'm gonna go spill some cereal and juice on my couch. I think that should cover things and avert whatever catastrophe is headed my way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. trouble comes in threes? bah. you could still have a fire in the house, or freeze to death while you are walking because the car and the van both finally died.

    :) have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Randall,

    Mercury retrograde ends on March 7th. YAY!

    In the last 2 weeks, I lost 2 friends and family, a third had a heart attack, our toilet tank exploded, and it was just a terrible few days.

    So you're not alone! Things should even out over the next few days. Even if one is not supposed to rely on astrology, this is a universal truth.

    Jeremy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah Jeremy

    I'm sorry my friend.

    If this were a contest, you would win!


    Small consolation, I know.


    may your life improve greatly.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.