Thursday, March 22, 2007

You gotta go

Ok, if you live in Winnipeg, the WAG (Winnipeg Art Gallery for the uninitiated) is currently running their yearly showing of the Cannes Lions Awards. It's nearly two hours of the worlds best comercials.

The creativity of these things will leave you breathless, and you will leave convinced that what you thought were the best commercials in your town, particularly the commercials from Larry and Edna's organ emporium and discount store, are just shallow tripe.

Seriously, take a friend, a date and go out for dessert later on.

Lauralea and I encourage you to go. Mostly because we used to go every year, but now the trip to the WAG is about 9 hours. So we really can't go ourselves. But you go, you'll enjoy it.

Promise.

Money back guarantee,

(well if they give you your money back it will be.)

2006 CANNES LIONS
March 14 to April 1, 2007
6:30 and 9:00pm
$9 adults / $8 seniors and students / $7 Gallery members / $6 children
Doors open at 6:00pm, / 1:30pm for matinees
Tickets available at the WAG--in person only, no phone orders.

2 comments:

  1. I think it would cost alittle bit more than $9 canadian for me.

    but thanks for the offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I was just talking about this with someone a week or two ago, but they thought it had already passed. I will definitely make a date to go and check it out. It will be the most cultured thing I've done since moving to the 'Peg, and that's simply because it takes place in an art gallery. Good enough for me.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.