Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Today I went to visit an 85 year old lady

And I went early to clear off her walk from the freshly fallen five inches of snow.

When I arrived she was just completing sweeping the steps.

The driveway was cleared.

The front city walk was cleared.

Her front sidewalk was cleared and in a 5 foot high pile.

And she proudly announced that she had done it all herself.

Sheesh.

Her secret? She just takes her time at it, and does a bit at a time, all through the day.

There's my problem. I'm a "Do it all at once" kind of guy.

Still so much to learn.

2 comments:

  1. We all have different ways of dealing with stuff - that's one reason a partnership is so important - it brings balance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she is indeed an amazing lady...an inspiration to many of us!

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.