Monday, April 05, 2010

Not your average day off

I know that in some places the Monday after Easter is considered a holiday but I don't know what the deal is here in Alberta Canada, nor it doesn't matter. Monday is the one day a week I usually take off.

Easter weekend is usually a full weekend for your average pastor/priest, some much more so than others, and so this past week has been full for us as well. I was really looking forward to the break today, I just didn't know how much I was anticipating it.

We got Lauralea to bed at a good time last night but then it got a bit late as I finished up some things and puttering around the kitchen, cleaning, sorting etc. Anyway I got to bed about the time I normally fall asleep, but last night I was out like a light.

I recall getting up about 6 am for a nose blowing session and toilet break, but then right back to bed and sleep. When the light in my room finally woke me up it felt like about 9 am. Like I had slept solidly without waking and sleeping that often comes when I try sleeping in. So when I looked at the clock and saw 11:49 am I was very surprised. I can't remember the last time I did that kind of oversleeping. Nice.

So, the day is half over and I missed it, which is the downside of sleeping in. But Lauralea is back in bed and Micah and I have settled down to the BBC Earth DVD. Supper will be delivered around 5 pm and that all makes for today not being a bad day at all.

Now with easter behind us, it's time to start looking forward and planning the activities of Spring.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds good to me. Wish I could do that sometimes, instead of waking at 4.30 or 5ish.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, that was me. Hit the button too fast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suspect you really needed the sleep. Hope Lauralea continues to recover at a good pace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you were able to sleep and sleep and sleep.

    I went to bed last night with the promise that Marc would get up with the kids if they called in the night. Of course last night was the first night in a week that they slept right through. Of course. I'm sure I can play this "you just had a week without the kids" card for a few more nights though. :)

    Take care you guys!

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.