Saturday, March 19, 2011

RADIO NERD ALERT: Old Radio Shack Catalogs now ONLINE

1979 Radio Shack Catalog

Are you kidding me???

This was my text book for my teens, and as I flipped digital pages on my screen, memory after memory came rushing back like some old friend.

I remember this page and how I badly I wanted the amazing Realistic DX-160 on the left, but there was never any financial chance of that happening. Then, miracle of miracles, my bike was stolen and I was able to convince my parents that I could use the insurance money for something better, a radio. It was enough to get the one on the far right page, the DX-60 for $69.95.


Wow. I just lost an hour, now I have to get back to work.


If you're a radio nerd you'll enjoy this link:

http://www.radioshackcatalogs.com/catalog_directory.html

No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.