Friday, November 29, 2013

And now Advent is upon us

Winter Snow


This Sunday is the First Sunday in Advent.
The church year begins anew.

And as it has done the previous three weekends, snow is in the forecast.
Not just a dusting of snow either. It's another 20+ centimeters on the way.

So I'm trying to enter Advent as Isaiah encourages when he says:

This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says:
“In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength. - Isaiah 30:15

Simple really, salvation is a place of rest and repentance and strength comes in quietness and trust.

I'm going to need that again this Advent and Christmas.

Peace on earth. Here we go.


No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.