Saturday, July 15, 2023

Ten Days in California

This month we spent 10 days down in California for church meetings etc. It was in Anaheim CA To be exact. In fact we were staying about three or four blocks due South of Disneyland. (You can insert your own comments here about denominational annual meetings being their own sort of Disneyland.)

I had to be there to complete my five year term of work on the board of ordered ministry. It was really good to see that work come to an end. I found it to be very fulfilling and very intense work but also very satisfying. Especially when we were able to help a pastor or a church leader who found themselves in a difficult situation. Especially especially when they were willing to be helped. 

Last night of our meetings the board held a dinner to celebrate those who were leaving the board. There were two of us this year and the evening turned out to be very moving. The many individuals who were on the board had become friends over the years, somewhat even brothers in arms. They were amazingly kind and generous in their affirming comments. It was considerably humbling to sit and listen as they thanked me for all the different gifts that I brought to the table.

Following that was the ministerial meeting and then the next days began the denominational annual meeting. I have been wanting to take Lauralea too many times but this time I wasn't taking no for an answer and I booked her a flight.    

I would say we had a lot of fun those days. We found an amazing little Mexican restaurant across the street from the hotel, and beside that was a target store which was just more fun for us. 

Yes we made it up to Disneyland for a few hours the one day. Of course the temperatures were high but we found the sun wasn't as hot as it is here in this field. Anyway we snooped around there and got a couple of souvenirs and headed back to the hotel and the air conditioned room. 

It was great to get away and to show Lauralea the people and the work that I've been doing for the past five years. It was fun to share some good meals together a bunch of laughs and sharing in some experiences that we can remember in the years ahead.

Maybe some pics of the fun.


California at the hotel

Hotel Entrance

By the pool

My first taste of crab

At Disneyland


A beautiful evening by the pool

The Delegate gets to work

Board Friends




 




No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.