Thursday, June 06, 2024

Back in the Saddle

Well after two weeks of vacation, I am back in the saddle and in my office here in the church, looking at what has to be done before Sunday. Feeling a tad, overwhelmed. Trying to prepare for Sunday, trying to visit, trying to connect with people, trying to prepare for meetings, and answering emails and requests, getting videos ready.  

I liken it to having a treadmill that's already running at speed, and I'm going to try to jump on this thing and get to speed pretty quickly.  

And so I am writing this post instead. I am hoping it helps me move past staring at a blank screen phase of work. 

I need to get the sermon started. I need to prepare for a meeting. I need to…  pray and be still. Which really is kind of the opposite of what I'm trying to accomplish here.

One way is the way of the world and the way it does work. Another way is the way of God and how he does work. 

Which way will I have faith in today?













No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.