Friday, September 06, 2024

Back to College: Grateful Memories, Wishful Thinking

This morning I was drinking my coffee, staring out the window. It had been a cool night. The days are hot and the nights are cool. And while I was staring out, all of a sudden I had an inner heart reaction to the time of year and I thought to myself I should be getting ready for college right now.

I went to school up at Peace River Bible Institute up in northern Alberta and I was there for four years. And each autumn of those four years felt just like it felt this morning. Getting ready for school, getting ready to be away from home, getting ready for seeing old friends and making some new ones, and getting ready to study the Bible again and learn and grow in my relationship with God.

Those were amazing years for me. And as I drank my coffee staring out the window, I found myself saying, if I could go back there this year, I would. I would go back and register to be a student and to take a class or two or five and to focus again on the ordered discipline of study and prayer and the word of God.

Those years meant a lot to me and they shaped me into the man I have become and the pastor I have become. And so I'm grateful for those years and those good memories. And I think if it was up to me here today, I would do it all again. 

One more year at school please. Thank you very much.







No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.