Tuesday, September 16, 2003

Grumpy? You bet

I haven't been able to get on this thing much lately. Lots going on.


We've had house guests (WITH DOG) staying over for a few nights and the computer's in their room. Well, they've cleared out, whew, and the computer is available, sans dog.


Leighton's been stirring up a storm lately about "Woundedness and Complaining". Whoo Hoo, talk about timing! It's like, storm city over here. (You can see by my previous paragraph just how deep this thing goes!!!)


It seem's I've had two weeks of people lining up to take a shot at this or that or whatever. I just can't get it right. And it's infective too, it makes me all kinds of grumpy!


Pastoring is usually great, but these two weeks are like payback for all the fun I do have doing it.


I should call a special prayer meeting and get this critical spirit dealt with. Course, at this rate, someone would complain about the timing of it, or they would complain about the fact that all we're doing is praying...




"Father, I'm sorry. It's so infective. They complain to me and I complain to Lauralea, and you, and any who will listen. I'm sorry, I'm wrong in that. Wash my heart out with your blood. Give me love and compassion. Let your presence in our discussions be enough to silence our complaints. Speak words of life to those stuck in cycles of broken-ness and complaint. Speak the Words Loudly so the darkness is dispelled, and the lie evaporates in the truth of your love. Help us. Save us. Love us just as we are and enough not to leave us this way. You are our only Hope and Salvation. Ransom us again tonight Father, I'm sorry..."



1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I don't really give the appropriate context to my points. In my latest entry I was inspired by something Jordon wrote, and something Kim Fehr wrote.



    My context was bloggers who criticize the church in general. It really wasn't about what folks like you have to endure sometimes.



    Keep up the good work, I believe in you! :)

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.