Wednesday, September 17, 2003

Oh Canada! its early

Well, it's been a day and a half!

 

It began with the National Anthem. CBC plays it at 5:30 when they begin their broadcasting day. My alarm was set for then. I got up frowning at the lack of creativity that the tune of the song has. Even after the early rise, I was late for prayer time at the church!

 

Steve and I headed to Saskatoon for a meeting with the Saskatchewan pastors. It was a real good time of connections and encouragement. Darryl and Gavin from the Saskatoon church BBQ'ed some great burgers and we ate well.

 

We usually share our stories and ask ministry questions of each other. Then we pray for each other. Today was cool because they all decided to lay hands on me and pray for me. It was sweet. I haven't had that kind of care for a long time.

 

That group has really changed over the years. We started it about 4 years ago, mainly because all of us were from outside the Covenant church and we were learning about it. Now, I'm the only one left of that first group and it feels strange. All the other pastors have moved on to other churches and ministries. I grew to love them through those times of caring and prayer. They are great guys and I have wonderful memories.

 

Anyway, Steve and I had a good chance to connect and compare notes on the way there and coming home. It was a blessed day.

 

Tonight we had the first small group meeting for 20, 30, 40 somethings. Johanna headed off to her new job at Zellers, Thomas went to the youth bible study, and Lauralea and I went to our meeting.

 

It looks like it could be good thing, if tonight was anything to go on.

 

Then we reversed our trip, collected the kids and got home.

 

One day, when Lauralea treats me poorly, I'll tell you what happened when she went up to Steve's house to get Thomas, while I turned the car around!!!

 

And, as I said, a long day is done. I feel allot better than I have for a while. That's a good thing.

 

Blessings and g'nite.


4 comments:

  1. I'm glad your day was above average, Randall!!! I thank God for you and Lauralea every day....Shannon was also encouraged as she attended the Bible study group last night. I don't know where we'd all be without your faithfulness...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tsk, Tsk, Tsk. Blackmail is such a dirty word. Perhaps I'll tell the story myself, and then I can be all kinds of nasty without worrying about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK you guys spill the beans! WE are all curious now!



    And I am so glad the guys prayed for you yesterday - You just kind of had that air of need about you yesterday that was obvious at our prayer time. Hope God has filled you up again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's just say Lauralea's trip to the house involved a house other than Steve's.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.