Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Today made up for paperwork Tuesday yesterday!

Today was one of those wonderful kinds of days where you meet with lots
of different people and are able to help or care for them in deep
meaningful ways.

Early prayer time found me praying for many of you
people. Then I ended up at the Hospital waiting with some of you as
your husband and dad went into surgery. It was good to share some time
and prayer with you.

Then I met with one of you for lunch and we talked about the deep
things of life and God and the future and how amazing the Rhubarb and
Strawberry pie was. If God can create things as awesome as sex and that
pie, well then baby Heaven's got to be something to experience.

The afternoon I spent a bit of time with some co-workers. One is about
to move to another town and church and we will miss him a lot, but he
goes with God's blessing on him and his family.

The other guy we tried to encourage as we blew each idea he had out of
the water. Just one of those days I guess.  He's off to the center of the universe for some Methosdistic Meetings this week.

My co-worker was next on the list. Steve
always encourages me, well, mostly always. Today was no exception and
he stepped up and blessed me good. Mostly by trusting me with his
stories. Being a holder of people's stories always energizes me. I'm
constantly amazed that they trust me with these glimpses into their
lives.

Tonight was no exception as a friend told us about a son she had given
up for adoption many years ago. He had just recently contacted her and
they had had an amazing reunion. Cool.

And finally, I got to share some time with a friend. An amazing person
who has every right to despise and hate the church (at large) for all
the stupid things it's done to her and her family. But she's learning
to trust again, and it's risky business.  She wants to trust and
tries to make it work. But it's hard dangerous work. It could chase her
away forever and the church might never know. But I will know, and
grieve over it's behaviour and what it's lost in her.

And as I close the day with a prayer, I'm thinking about Toni and Chris
and Ben and Dan and Lionel and Mildred and Marc and Ron and Daniel and
Steve and Margaret and B.

God's Blessings on you all tonight. You and your families.


No comments:

Post a Comment



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.