Tuesday, July 25, 2006

My sleeping place

Well, day three (but it feels like day 48) is now completed. And I am done for.

The place I'm staying at is Dr. Roger Thorps home. He was a missionary Doctor in the Congo for some time.
The house I'm staying at

Anyway their home is three blocks away from the school. It's a nice walk.

Interesting note, today on my walk in I saw a sign posted on a light pole warning the residents not to feed the rats, that a program was in place to exterminate the rat problem in the area.

You just don't see those signs in Prince Albert.

Night. And sweet dreams.

7 comments:

  1. Looks like a nice homey place to stay.

    Regarding the rats, are the people doing the feeding protesting the extermination plan?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should really post of picture of said sign. us saskatchewan folk might not believe you. (although i suppose you're really supposed to believe pastors)
    that course looks pretty neat.
    DJR

    ReplyDelete
  3. i shall see about the sign, although i don't like to hang out in that area to much. i have a personal fear of rats.

    !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (mrosel = morsel, sorry for not proof reading)

    ReplyDelete
  5. me thinks if the rats are at all smart, they won't be hanging out anywhere near the sign, as people by the sign would have just had a fresh reminder not to feed the critters...the smart rats know that people forget things easily, so by removing themselves from the vicinity of the sign, they have a better chance of finding a human who does not have the reminder in mind and may slip them a mrosel.

    maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet dreams and rats don't go together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. [...] Ok, for you people who may not believe me, (read: Doug!) regarding the rat sign, here you go. [...]

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.