Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Chillin, in a heatwave.

Hmm,

I"m really mellow right now.

We"ve just practiced 20 minutes of Centering prayer, and I am sooooo, what"s the word, relaxed.

The course is intense, but for me it feels like I have come home.

They are teaching us activities and techniques I have been practicing for a long time, but I didn"t know the language for them. They are giving words to some of my feelings and ways of relating to God that I have followed for years. It feels like home.

On one hand it all feels new. On the other it"s like an old friend I"m learning more about.

It"s lunch break right now, and I have found the Computer lab. It seems to be the only room that is air conditioned to such a wonderful degree. (Pun definitely intended!) I"m limiting myself to about one meal a day, which is enough for me. Today for supper the whole class is invited to supper at a department head"s home, so that will be my meal.

And as I said, I"m usually in class from 9 till 12, 1:30 till 5:30, and then 7 till 9. So there"s not a lot of time to fuss with other things. Besides, the heat and humidity is so high these days. It kinda saps any energy you have left over from the day.

We are heading back into another 20 minutes of centering prayer, which will be good. Then we start our small listening groups. I believe I will be the first to tell my story in the group.

Nervous, but hopeful.

More later.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad God is blessing you at your course. You deserve to be blessed, A LOT, for all you do for us at Gateway. Thank you so much for that, and may you be blessed more and more as the week goes on. Don't forget to get some rest, too, if possible.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment on MSN. We really can't wait to be on the move and settling into our new home. Looking forward to worhsipping at Gateway in August and would love to hear all you glean from this experience

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm not to be envious, so I shall try not to be. I so desire to learn what you are learning. Perhaps one day. There is just so much more I want to know and feel and experience from God.

    We anticipate your safe return.......... and may the peace of Christ enfold you, may his strength uphold you, and his love free you to new and beautiful dimensions you have yet to discover.

    ReplyDelete



Play nice - I will delete anything I don't want associated with this blog and I will delete anonymous comments.